Student Publication List Available here!
Department graduates with links to thesis pdf and current status
Gregory Deemer, M.S. (Bhatt/Eicken),
- Richard Lader, M.S. (Bhatt),
- Joshua Walston, M.S. (Gibson),
- Soumik Basu, Ph.D., (Zhang),
- Michael Pirhalla, M.S. (Mölders),
Pirhalla, M.A. (2014) Assessment of Particulate Accumulation Climatology under Inversions in Glacier Bay for the 2008 Tourist Season Using WRF/Chem Data. M.S. Thesis, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 148 p., pdf here.
- Vinay Kayetha M.S. (Sassen)
- Bithi De, M.S. (Zhang),
- Michael Madden, M.S. (Mölders),
- Cecilia Borries, M.S. (Zhang),
- Ketsiri Leelasakultum, M.S. (Mölders)
Investigation on the Impacts of Low-Sulfur Fuel Used in Residential Heating and Oil-Fired Power Plants on PM2.5-Concentrations and its Composition in Fairbanks, Alaska, pdf.
- Matthew Gruber, M.S. (Fochesatto)
- Cameron Martus, M.S. (Collins)
- Huy N. Q. Tran (Mölders)
"Analyiss of Model and Observation Data for the Development of a Public PM2.5 Air-Quality Advisories Tool (AQuAT), pdf.
- Theodore Fathaur, M.S. (Mölders)
‘The Relation of Spring Pollen Release to Weather in Fairbanks, Alaska’, pdf.
- Brita Irving, M.S. (Collins)
'Rayleigh LIDAR studies of Mesospheric Inversion layers at Poker Flat Research Range, Chatanika, Alaska', pdf
- Peter Bieniek, Ph.D. (Bhatt)
‘Assessing River Ice Breakup Date, Coastal Tundra Vegetation and Climate Divisions in the Context of Alaska Climate Variability’, pdf.
Postdoc at IARC (J. Walsh)
- Oceana Francis, Ph.D. (Bhatt/Atkinson)
‘Atmospheric Forcing of Wave States in the Southeast Chukchi Sea’, pdf,
Assistant Professor, University of Hawaii.
- John Mayfield, M.S. (Fochesatto)
‘The Micrometeorological Effects of Drainage Flow in the Winter Atmospheric Boundary Layer’, pdf
- Paula Moreira, M.S. (Zhang)
' Mesoscale Modeling of a Polar Low in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas', pdf.
- Jean K Talbot, M.S. (Bhatt)
'Use of Hurst and Renyi Analysis to Detect and Characterize Pacific Decadal Oscillation Impacts on Climate Variability in Alaska', pdf,
Physics Dept. Lab Supervisor, UAF. ,UAF ATM Ph.D. program.
- Dyre O. Dammann, M.S. (Bhatt)
'Role of Arctic Sea Ice Variability in Climate Models', pdf,
UAF Geophysics Ph.D. program.
- Jiang Zhu, Ph.D. (Sassen)
'Investigation on Cirrus Clouds by the Cloud-Aerosol LIDAR and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation Data', pdf,
GINA, UAF, Fairbanks, AK.
- Austin Cross, M.S. (Atkinson)
'Synoptic drivers of storm surge In Kotzebue Sound', pdf,
National Weather Service, Monterrey, CA.
- Julie Malingowski, M.S. (Atkinson)
'An Observational study of the surfaced--based radiation temperature inversion in Fairbanks, Alaska', pdf.
National Weather Service, Fairbanks, AK.
- Rebecca Legatt, M.S. (Polyakov)
'North Atlantic Air-Sea Interactions Driven by Atmospheric and Oceanic Stochastic Forcing in a Simple Box Model', pdf.
NOAA Sea Ice Forecaster, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Debasish Pai Mazumder,Ph.D (Mölders),
' A concept to access the performance of a permafrost model run fully coupled with a climate model', pdf,
NCAR, Boulder, CO.
- Stacy E. Porter, M.S. (Mölders),
' Investigation of the impact of ship emissions on atmospheric composition and deposition in remote, coastal landscapes of southwest Alaska', pdf,
Ph.D. student at Ohio State University.
- Brentha Thurairajah, Ph.D. (Collins),
' Role of waves on the circulation of the arctic middle atmosphere: Rayleigh LIDAR measurements and analysis', pdf ,
Post-doc position at Virginia Tech.
- Michel dos Santos Mesquita, Ph.D.(Atkinson),
' Characteristics and variability of storm tracks in the North Pacific', Bering Sea and Alaska, pdf,
Scientist at Bjerknes Center in Bergen Norway.
- Agatha Light, M.S. (Collins),
- 'Theoretical and Experimental Investigations of Resonance Fluorescence Lidar for Measurements of N+2 in the Auroral Atmosphere', pdf,
Physics Dept. Lab Supervisor, UAF.
- Jennifer March, M.S. (Atkinson),
' Synoptic Climatology of the Eastern Brooks Range, Alaska: A Data Legacy of the International Geophysical Year', pdf, Fairbanks, AK.
- Stefanie Bourne, M.S. (Bhatt),
' A Climate Perspective of Observed and Modeled Surface-based Temperature Inversions in Alaska', pdf ,
Energy Analyst at DNV Global Energy Concepts, Inc Seattle, Washington.
- Morgan Brown, M.S. (Mölders),
' Impact of Local External Forcing of the 2006 Augustine Volcano Eruption on Regional Weather Conditions' , pdf,
University of Iowa, PhD Program.
- Patrick Cobb, M.S. (Sassen),
' Assessing the Performance of Several MODIS Level-2 Cloud and Aerosol Products Against a Surface Based Polarization Cloud LIDAR at Fairbanks, AK', pdf.,
Wind Energy Enterprise, Firefighter, New Mexico.
- Peter Bieniek, M.S. (Wendler),
' Climate and Predictibility of Alaska Wildfires', pdf,
DAS UAF Ph.D. Program
- Pavan Kankanala, M.S. (Sassen),
- 'Doppler Sodar Observations of the Winds and Structure in the Lower Atmosphere Over Fairbanks, Alaska' , pdf,
- Zhao Li, Ph.D. (Mölders),
' Investigations on the Impacts of Land-Cover Changes and/or Increased CO2 Concentrations on Four Regional Water Cycles and Their Interactions with the Global Water Cycle', pdf,
Scientist at NASA/GSFC.
- Rawshan Muna, M.S. (Alexeev),
' On the Origin of Monson: Conventional Theory vs New Findings', Project M.S., pdf,
- Colin Murray, M.S. (Walsh),
' A Model Composite Assessment of the Enhancement of Arctic Warming by Sea Ice Retreat', Project MS.
- Kara Sterling, M.S. (Bhatt),
' Multi-Decadal Variability of Atlantic Water Heat Transports as Seen in the Community Climate Systems Model Version 3.0', pdf,
DAS UAF Ph.D. Program/NOAA Tsunami Warning Center, Palmer, Alaska.
- Ramaswamy Tiruchirapalli, M.S. (Sassen),
' Micropulse Lidar Observations of Free Tropospheric Aerosols over the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement site at Barrow, Alaska', pdf,
Scientist at NASA/GSFC.
- James Campbell, Ph.D. (Sassen),
'Autonomous Full-Time Lidar Observations of Polar Stratospheric Clouds at South Pole', pdf,
Scientist at Naval Postgraduate School.
- Mihailo Jankov, M.S. (Mölders),
' Analysis of Uncertainty in Simulated Exchange of heat and Moisture at the Land-Atmosphere Interface', pdf,
University of Oslo-Physics Dept., Ph.D. Program.
- Bala Narapusetty, M.S. (Mölders),
' Evaluation of a Hydro-thermodynamic Soil Vegetation Scheme on the Basis of
Observations and a Galerkin type Finite Element Numerical Scheme', pdf,
George Mason University/COLA, Ph.D. Program.
- Ipshita Majhi, M.S. (Mölders),
' Evaluation of a Hydro-thermodynamic Soil Vegetation Scheme by Observations in Alaska and the Baltic Region', Project MS, pdf,
UAF, PhD Program.
- Likun Wang, Ph.D. (Sassen),
'Mid-latitude Cirrus Cloud Structural Properties Analyzed From the Extended Facility for Atmospheric Remote Sensing', pdf .
Scientist at University of Maryland.
- Cecilé Hannay, M.S. (Bhatt),
' Single Column Model Simulations of Arctic Cloudiness and Surface Radiative Fluxes during the SHEBA Experiment', pdf,
Associate Scientist at NCAR CGD, Boulder Colorado, Past positions: Scientist NOAA CIRES Boulder
- Joseph Sheedy, M.S. (Cahill),
' On the Surface: Energy Budget of Antarctic Sea Ice', Project MS, pdf,
- Adrienne Tivy, M.S. (Bhatt),
' Investigation of North Pacific Sea Ice Anomalies in the Context of Atmospheric and Oceanic Variability', pdf,
Canadian Ice Service, Past positions: IARC Post-doc at UAF, PhD U. Calgary Edmonton.